Google Gives Some Tips on Picking an SEO company
In an article written by Google in their Webmaster Tools section, Google offered some advice on choosing an SEO company and offered this short checklist below. One of the very important things they recommend is this: Consider hiring a SEO company early in the site development process, like when you’re planning a redesign. This gives the SEO company the opportunity to help build the site SEO friendly.
Here’s Google’s list of questions that you should ask an SEO company during the hiring process:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what time-frame? How do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- What’s your experience in my country/city?
- What’s your experience developing international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business?
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them?
Google said “While SEOs can provide clients with valuable services, some unethical SEOs have given the industry a black eye through their overly aggressive marketing efforts and their attempts to manipulate search engine results in unfair ways. Practices that violate our guidelines may result in a negative adjustment of your site’s presence in Google, or even the removal of your site from our index.”
New to SEO? Here is a great article with some quick FAQ’s and answers on SEO.
Read the full article at Google.