Social Media 101
By now, social media has proved its worth as a tool to establish reputation, drive engagement, and market content to consumers. If you’re not participating in social media, your business is behind, regardless of your opinion of the marketing tool. Here are eight social media facts every business needs to know:
1. Social Media is the World’s Largest Focus Group. People want to give you feedback, as long as it’s at their convenience. Present the opportunity to your audience through social media! The fact is, customers are much more likely to tweet their enthusiasm or disappointment than to give you a phone call. (For more on this topic, see our blog on Twitter and Customer Service)
2. If Your Business Doesn’t Have Social Media Accounts, Create Them. Now.You needed them yesterday. Not having multiple active social media accounts such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. means that you’re losing at least half the population’s attention to your competitor. Do yourself a favor and call a social media marketing companyright away to take care of the setup process and/or post on your behalf.
3. Social Media Is Aging. The average age of users on social media is expanding rapidly. In fact, 45% of individuals aged 65+ are using Facebook! So don’t be fooled into thinking your audience is looking you up in the phone book. You need to know where your target audience is if you want to reach them.
4. The Overuse and Misuse of Hashtags. When posting an image or a status update, people like to go ‘hashtag crazy’ and overuse this strategic symbol (#). When it comes to hashtags choose the most relevant terms. Recent studies show less is more, unless you’re on Instagram which requires the use of several hashtags.
5. Capitalization Drives More Traffic Back To Your Blog. Be sure to capitalize your headings, since statistics show higher engagement when capitals are used.
6. 399 Million Facebook Members Are ‘Mobile Only. Smartphone users everywhere are logging higher numbers in website traffic every day. If your website isn’t at their fingertips, that potential customer moved on to the next site with a mobile-friendly version. Need a responsive design website? Contact a bay area mobile marketing company to get the job done.
7. Tweets With Fewer Than 100 Characters Get 17% More Engagement. Tweets provide the “short and sweet” version of what needs to be said. URL shrinking tools are incredibly helpful to cut back on lengthy links and help with aesthetics
8. Facebook has 1.35 billion monthly active users. Active users include anyone who has logged into Facebook during the last 30 days. If your business doesn’t have a Facebook Page, you’re missing out on a ton of potential customers!
If all of these social media tips are just too much for you when running a business, hire a tech-savvy social media marketing company like the team at SEO Pro. Whether you need Social Media, Web Design, or SEO assistance, contact the digital marketing team at SEO Pro today at (510) 276-9902. After all, it doesn’t matter how pretty your website is. If no one can find it, it doesn’t exist.