Google Posts are now available to all business owners with a claimed Google My Business listing!
[Step by Step Guide: How to Claim Your Google My Business]
Until recently, this feature was only allowed for politicians to display relevant political search queries.
So What the Heck Are Google Posts and How Can your Small Business Benefit?
Google Posts, formerly known as candidate cards, are posts that can be created in Google My Business and will appear in both Google search as well as the map results. This is a very useful feature for businesses to share special promotions or promote an upcoming event at your desired location. In addition to a 300 word (maximum) description, every post comes with the option to add a call to action button asking viewers to reserve, sign-up, buy, or get an offer. These buttons can then be paired with a URL, linking customers to the appropriate page. A photo can also be added to the post for maximum engagement.
How Do You Make a Google Post?
Follow the steps below to make your very first Google Post (on desktop or mobile)!
- Log into your Google My Business account and go to your dashboard
- On the left menu bar, click on the tab that says Posts. If you are on mobile, first click the 3 horizontal lines in the top-left corner to bring down the menu.
- Click on the region in the center of the screen that says “write your post”
- Fill out the information you want to present – SEO PRO TIP: Make sure to take advantage of the call-to-action button to drive traffic to your website or conversions. Also, make sure to include keywords in your post. This will help with local search.
- Click preview and then publish
If you take advantage of Google Posts it will definitely help increase local search exposure as well as accessibility by driving more traffic to your website.
If you are looking for an experienced Bay Area digital marketing company, call SEO PRO today at 510-276-9902 or contact us through our website.